Our attorneys are well-versed in estate planning strategies that successfully align business and personal financial goals. We are particularly adept at structuring plans that minimize estate taxes incurred by fund managers and business owners, and that afford the most advantageous application of lawful exemptions, as well as in utilizing techniques such as various types of trusts that reduce the overall size of the taxable estate.
With proper ownership structure in place, entities that receive management fees and incentive fees for new hedge funds may use the income generated to lower, rather than increase, the value of the estate for tax purposes. Moreover, it is possible to avoid estate taxes completely, utilizing trusts and other techniques that maximize the exemption potential of these investments.
Estate Planning Resources
Sadis & Goldberg offers access to information on common estate planning techniques and documents:
- Basic estate planning documents including wills, durable power of attorney, healthcare proxy, trusts and other instruments
- Business estate planning documents including buy-sell agreements and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Intermediate estate planning documents including annual exclusion gifts, irrevocable trusts, grantor trusts, charitable remainder trusts, family limited partnerships and other techniques
- Common estate planning mistakes and how to avoid them
- Financial information to assemble
- Personal Inventory