Our M&A team advises clients on a variety of merger and acquisition transactions. Our attorneys are experienced in all aspects of purchase,sale, merger, divestiture, joint venture and other M&A transactions, including planning, structuring, due diligence, financing, negotiation and closing. Our M&A team has successfully negotiated and closed transactions in a wide variety of business sectors and industries, including:
- Financial Services (including fund managers and administrators)
- Market Research
Our business-focused approach allows us to get the deal done. We offer client solutions rather than simply analyze legal issues. Our record of success in scope and size of deals speaks to the value we bring to our clients. Our M&A practice includes:
- Negotiate mergers and acquisitions
- Sales and purchases of assets
- Sales and purchases of subsidiaries and divisions
- Election contests and dissident shareholder proposals
- Anti-takeover defense initiatives
- Representing business owners when they sell shares to ESOP Trusts
- Special committee, fairness opinion and corporate governance engagements
- Tender offers
- Representing institutional trustees when they purchase and sell shares of stock from business owners, including in ESOP transactions
Every client and every matter is important to us. Regardless of the transaction size, all of our clients receive guidance and advice on complex and time sensitive transactions. Clients tell us that we add value to the deal because we understand their business, the markets in which they compete and how the transaction fits into their larger business goals. This enables us to provide customized advice on terms and conditions for each deal.
Sadis & Goldberg’s M&A practice integrates lawyers from practice groups across our platform to provide clients with full-service advice on each transaction. We routinely work together with the firm’s tax, ERISA, real estate, litigation and financial services groups, and with outside special counsel as necessary to deliver solutions for our clients.