Jennifer Rossan practices in the firm’s Litigation Group. Ms. Rossan has extensive trial experience and has obtained successful verdicts for her clients in a number of large federal court trials. Ms. Rossan focuses her practice on a wide range of financial services disputes including SEC and FINRA enforcement actions. She also litigates complex commercial matters and employment law matters, including claims of wrongful termination and harassment, and negotiates and reviews employment contracts.
From 1996 to 1999, Ms. Rossan was an assistant attorney general in the Litigation Bureau of the Office of the New York State Attorney General, where she defended the state in several major class action lawsuits and litigation employment discrimination cases in federal court.
Prior to joining Sadis & Goldberg, Ms. Rossan was Senior Counsel for the New York City Law Department, Office of the Corporation Counsel. As a senior trial lawyer, she defended the City of New York and the New York City Police Department in matters involving high exposure and complex and novel policy issues, including police shootings and large class action lawsuits. Ms. Rossan tried numerous cases to verdict in federal court with outstanding results. She also supervised junior attorneys and taught continuing legal education classes on all facets of trial practice.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D. 1993; International Law Journal)
- University of Michigan (B.A. 1990)
- New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Honors and Awards
- “Women in Law Awards,” Lawyer Monthly, 2014, 2016
- New York Metro Super Lawyer, New York Metro Super Lawyer Magazine 2014 – 2018
- “Leading Women Lawyers in New York City,” Crain’s New York Business, 2018